Summer arrives and it seems that we all have regrets for not having done enough sport throughout the year. According to different studies, 2 out of 5 people do more sport when summer arrives, but the high temperatures of doing this outdoors could end up turning exercise into an ordeal.
But, why is it that we get this uncontrollable desire of doing sport in summer? Actually, contrary to what you might think, it has nothing to do with the days lasting longer or that we’re in a better mood. No at all, we do sport, primarily, for merely aesthetic reasons. We want to improve our body so that we look good on the beach or at the pool. As well as the above, this is followed by reasons such as improving our health and losing weight for summer.
Doing sport is highly advisable throughout the year, and in summer as well. And if we exercise the rest of the year, it is not a good idea to stop doing it in summer. We could suffer a “metabolic disorder” making our sugar levels rise and losing muscle mass.
Sport in summer, ok. But, what advice should we follow?
1. Forget about going out for a run in the middle of the day, from 12hrs to 16hrs. It’s best to run at sunrise or sunset, otherwise you run the risk of getting heat stroke.
2. Keep your body hydrated often. Just think that when it is very hot and we do some sport, our body sweats excessively, but it only loses electrolytes and water, not fat. This is why it is advisable, as well as drinking a lot of water, to have isotonic drinks at hand. These help to replenish the mineral salts we’re lacking.
3. Wear loose breathable clothing, this will help to keep you dry and prevent chafing. In addition, we must pay special attention to our footwear and socks and not use a waistband or warm material to make us sweat even more.
4. Taking care of your skin is much more important in summer. Choose a solar protection factor that best adapts to your skin and make sure you’re correctly hydrated. A cap or breathable visor will help protect your head and take care of your eyes wearing certified sunglasses.
5. Don’t do the same warmup you do in winter. If you normally train 10-15 minutes, a 5-minute warmup will be enough now.
6. When possible, try to do your activities indoors during the hottest days. Swimming and the gymnasium could be good options.
What’s the good news?
In La Perla you won’t have to choose between sports and the beach, between outdoor or indoor. In our facilities you can enjoy different activities in the gymnasium right next to the beach, and plus, take advantage of training close to the sea. What better than taking a good swim after a productive workout session?
Because now, enjoying our gymnasium is less expensive. Squeeze the juice out of summer in La Perla with our 3×2 promotion, pay for 2 consecutive months and get the third one FREE. You can join until the 30th of September!