In summer, we see ourselves looking better, thanks to the sun and natural light, we feel happier and cheerful. Suntanned skin greatly influences our appearance, with a little colour tone we always see ourselves better. However, quite often we want to achieve that tone at any cost and end up damaging our skin.
It’s very likely that when you hear that we have to protect ourselves from the sun, the first thing that comes to mind is sun cream. Sun cream is essential if we’re going out in the sun, but in addition to this, we have to carry out a range of skincare procedures of which you might not be aware.
Recommendations for your skin in summer
If you want beautiful and healthy skin you also have to take care of your skin before going out sunbathing. Through a skin peeling you will eliminate the dead cells deposited on the corneal layer enabling to achieve an even suntan.
On the other hand, it is also advisable to follow a series of recommendations during these summer months:
- Use sun creams with sunscreen: the sun protection factor (SPF) indicates how long the sunscreen will protect the redness of the skin. We normally only use a quarter of the appropriate amount of sunscreen. Either we put it on late or only once.
- In La Perla, our range of sun creams, have a PA+++, the maximum level of protection against sunrays recognised by the JCIA (Japan Cosmetic Industry Association).
- Use sun protection according to your skin phototype, where you are going to sunbathe and its UVA index. Consult you trustworthy professional.
- Avoid sunbathing between 12hrs and 15hrs. Try wearing a hat and sunglasses.
- Vaporise your face with a spray containing moisturising and refreshing agents.
- After sunbathing, use after-sun and a moisturising mask to repair the damage caused by the sun.
What else should you keep in mind?
This is skincare advice to prevent dehydration, premature ageing, spots… But in addition to this, it is always advisable to follow a series of general guidelines to help us preserve our skin better shape.
- Shower with warm water and finish with cold water on your legs, this helps to avoid the feeling of heavy legs.
- Try using a gel to activate your circulation in the morning and at night. It will leave you with a pleasant feeling of freshness.
- If your ankles swell, sleep with your legs a little higher than your body.
- If the problem still persists, our advice is to do a manual lymph drainage or circulatory massage.
- Drink water, at least 2 litres a day, to avoid dehydration.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and try to eat low-salt food.
- Get regular exercise and achieve good muscle tone.
And what happens when summer is over?
It is very important to repair the damage caused by the sun once summer comes to an end. Moisturising your skin with collagen helps to restore the hydro lipid layer.
And if we have been unlucky to have any spots appear, use specific anti-spot and anti-pigment treatments at home.
It is important to remove the dead cells caused by suntanning by using a good peeling of salts and flowers. You will notice your skin smoother, moisturised and luminous!
Our skin is a living organ, our body’s largest organ and that is why, we at La Perla help you to take care of and pamper it, so that it doesn’t deteriorate and age earlier than expected. Do you want some advice? We’ll advise you! email@example.com