Imagine a summer getaway visiting a world-renowned city (San Sebastián, of course) enjoying a thalassotherapy session and an exotic massage and rounding off the experience in a panoramic restaurant with views over La Concha bay tasting a Summer Menu. Does it sound good? Experiencing it is better, much better.
It is no secret that San Sebastián and its surrounding towns host one of the world’s largest concentration of Michelin Star restaurants: within a radius of only just 25 kilometres there are up to 11 restaurants with a total of 18 stars. And best of all, is that this figure is just the icing on the cake (never better said!) of the foodie passion that can be felt in the capital of Gipuzkoa.
This is known to those who visit the city and lose themselves among the pintxo bars of the Old Town or Gros searching for the best examples of the so-called ‘miniature cuisine’, or who walk among the fresh goods (mainly, meat, fish and vegetables) of the traditional and centenary markets such as San Martín or La Bretxa, the same markets resorted to by the chefs of the main restaurants to select the best produce.
All this has helped to turn San Sebastián into one of the most reputed gastronomic destinations in Spain and Europe, a place to treat one’s sense of smell and taste buds.
And if you are not content with only treating two of your senses, but three or four? And what if you were to take your summers plans in San Sebastián to a level which combines the gourmet experience with wellbeing in a venue with stunning views of San Sebastián?
La Perla is a centre with more than 25 years of experience combining the Thalassotherapy Circuit, Gymnasium, Health & Beauty treatments and a complete gastronomic offer in its panoramic restaurant and terraces. The Gourmet Experiences have been carefully designed by the staff to offer you a complete experience and perfectly combining the different areas of La Perla. You can view all the details and prices here.
Our Gourmet Experiences may be enjoyed all year round, but it is during the summer months when, with the fine weather and long daylight hours, they reach their peak, and become and ideal plan. Would you like to know more about them? Would you like to know which one suits your needs in order to enjoy a special and different day? Can they be enjoyed on your own, with a partner, with the family or with friends? Of course, they can! Everything is possible. Check out our ideas below!
- A great plan to start off the day full of energy? Certainly, our ‘Thalasso + Breakfast Experience’. Two hours in our Thalassotherapy Circuit (which includes: the hydrotherapy and relax pool, active pool with a fitness area, panoramic jacuzzi, labyrinth of sensations, water beds, steam bath, ice fountain, wet sauna, relaxation room, cold seawater pool, resting area and infrared couches) and a special breakfast in our cafeteria or on our terrace with a view. It’s up to you!
- A pleasant midday or afternoon break? The Thalasso Experience + Lunch/Dinner is for you. Two hours in our Thalassotherapy Circuit. You can discover our circuit in depth and choose a menu between the Dish of the Day or Summer Menu, based on your preference and appetite.
- A long and relaxing aperitif before a high flying ‘gastro’ experience This is why we have designed our Gourmet Relax and Wellness Experience! It’s very simple to describe: two hours in the Thalassotherapy Circuit, a wrapping of choice (and we can assure you that the choice between our oils, muds and algae will be as pleasurable as the experience itself, as you see here and one Summer Menu to round off the maximum state of relaxation you have achieved.
- You’ve got three hours for yourself (and to travel around the world) with a massage? Then take note: ‘Gastronomy + Wellness Experience’. What better way to make time stand still and enjoy the Thalassotherapy Circuit, one of our sensory massages from around the world. You can learn all about them and top off the experience with a La Perla Tasting Menu.
- Two hours in the Thalassotherapy Circuit and a walk through the best tasting places in San Sebastián and La Perla? Then the ‘Wellness and Flavours Experience’ is for you. A pleasant thalassotherapy session added to a La Perla Tasting Menu, a unique journey through our gastronomic proposition (where we combine modernity and tradition with the best products) in a unique panoramic restaurant.
- Putting your senses of sight, taste and smell in suspense together in one total experience? Such is our ‘Gastronomy, Relax and Wellness Experience’ which combines the Thalassotherapy Circuit and a La Perla Tasting Menu (if you wish to know what other dishes accompany our ‘cuttlefish salad with caramelized onion and tomato concasse’, take a look here with a relaxing aromatherapy massage.
We hope to have placed the bar very high for your summer plans and, if you do visit us, your body and mind (and your stomach) will experience the best possible sensations in a setting which, multiplies its charm in summer. We look forward to seeing in in La Perla!